Below are some frequently asked questions regarding the Ortho Maker app.
- What is the licensing model for Ortho Maker?
- Ortho Maker is a platform capability provided by ArcGIS Enterprise in an ArcGIS Image Server role.
Below is a matrix showing user type roles that are supported (in green) and not supported (in red) by Ortho Maker. Note that Ortho Maker is enabled by privileges and is not licensed.
- Are public accounts supported?
- The first release of Ortho Maker is available only with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1. Public accounts are not supported at this time.
- What web browsers support Ortho Maker?
- Internet Explorer 11*
* Use of Internet Explorer 11 is deprecated at release 10.8. Esri highly encourages you to move to one of the other browsers listed above. While Internet Explorer 11 is still supported, use of Internet Explorer 11 is generally discouraged, and support will be discontinued at a future release. Additional notice will be provided before the removal of support.
- Can I use Ortho Maker in ArcGIS Online?
- Ortho Maker is a built-in platform capability beginning with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1 and requires ArcGIS Image Server as the raster analysis server.
- Is the Ortho Maker app able to process satellite imagery, professional digital camera images, or scanned aerial photos?
- Ortho Maker only supports drone imagery as input data. Processing of satellite imagery, professional digital camera images, and scanned aerial photography is planned for future releases.
- Can I process my data if my camera is not included in the list of supported cameras and sensors?
- Yes. You can input the camera parameter information on the Edit camera information dialog box during project setup.
The library of supported cameras continues to be expanded. If you use a camera or sensor system that is currently not supported, fill in the Camera Library Survey form for it to be considered for inclusion in the supported camera library.
- Can Ortho Maker process drone imagery that is already in my cloud storage?
- This is not yet supported but will be supported in future releases.
- What does it mean to define custom products in Ortho Maker?
- Custom products are supported in Ortho Maker, allowing you to define and create products tailored to your requirements using raster function templates. Additionally, Ortho Maker provides a guided user experience for users to construct a Custom Band Index Product.
- Can I use a project template to streamline my workflow?
- Yes. Ortho Maker allows you to export processing settings and product definitions from an existing project as a project template item, and import into a new or existing project to reuse these processing settings and product definitions.
- How can I share products with my users?
- Products created in Ortho Maker become imagery layer items accessible in your ArcGIS Enterprise portal. They are readily available to be shared to groups of users in your organization.
- How can I automate the Ortho Maker workflow and integrate with my existing production environment?
- How can I provide feedback?
- The Ortho Maker team would greatly appreciate hearing from you. If you have feedback or inquiries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also provide feedback on the GeoNet Ortho Maker community page. If you're experiencing other issues, contact Esri Technical Support.