The ArcGIS Web AppBuilder update includes continued support for accessibility, new widgets, and improvements to several widgets.
- Support for accessibility has been added to more widgets and themes for 2D apps, including Attribute Table, Info Summary, Query, Infographic, and more.
- The new Business Analyst widget provides a way to generate Business Analyst Infographics and Classic Reports. At 10.8.1, the widget supports the app configuration option that allows any user with an organizational account to run it (as long as the app owner has the required privileges).
- Use the Data Aggregation widget to create geographic features from address or coordinate information stored in CSV files and define how to correlate field information between the CSV file and the destination layer The widget supports multiple target layers. (10.8.1)
- The Add Data widget now supports adding WFS OGC web services. (10.8.1)
- Batch Attribute Editor has the option to choose the drawing tool for the Select by Area method and allows for custom text to display at the top of the widget.
- Cost Analysis has a new option to allow users to export a report.
- You can now add stops in Directions by searching feature layers.
- With the Distance and Direction widget, you can publish results as a hosted feature layer. (10.8.1)
- The Draw widget now includes an arrow shape.
- The Emergency Response Guide (ERG), Gridded Reference Graphic (GRG), and Threat Analysis widgets can now publish results to an existing feature layer on the map. At 10.8.1, the list of materials for the ERG widget has been increased from 679 to 3,127.
- Filter includes new optional buttons to turn off and reset filters. You can configure the widget to zoom to the app's initial map extent when users turn off all filters. You can also limit the relative date options that appear when users filter date fields.
- With Group Filter, you can now define filter values using a URL parameter. At 10.8.1, you can add custom header text and hide the header and filter selection if only one group is configured.
- You can choose to not display the thousands separator with Infographic. There's also a new option to set the minimum time period to display chart data by calendar quarter. At 10.8.1, there's a new configuration option to set the display range for applicable chart templates to show all results by default.
- Info Summary has a new configurable option to preserve cluster symbols after the widget closes.
- The My Location widget has new options to display compass orientation and location accuracy on a mobile device.
- Near Me adds the option to choose selection color and modernizes the buffer slider. The widget also has new configurable buffer input options to search with a precise distance. At 10.8.1, you can turn off highlighting selected features. You can also choose to expand or collapse filters by default when users open the widget. The filter user interface has been redesigned so it's more noticeable and user friendly
- The Network Trace configuration experience has been updated for the General Settings tab. The widget also supports using a custom URL to set the trace to run at a specific location. At 10.8.1, the widget allows users to skip locations from the pop-up of a selected skippable feature.
- The Parcel Drafter widget now supports international foot as a measurement unit. The widget configuration includes a new option to set the default line type and shows field alias names when selecting fields to store parcel attributes. (10.8.1)
- You can configure the Public Notification widget to add field names in the CSV download, and users can now add new features to a buffered set of features. At 10.8.1, you can allow users to add and remove selected parcels on a specific addressee layer.
- With Query and Filter, you can perform a query on a combination of date and time.
- Screening has support for rich text in the footnote editor, separates measurement units for length and area, and adds the option to draw a circle on the map. You can also hide the summary table in the report and enable or disable grouping field attributes when they have the same values. At 10.8.1, the widget has new configurable options to hide rows with zero and null values in the printed report. Additionally, square miles has been added as a unit for calculating area.
- Search provides different radius units in the local search.
- When querying a feature in the Share widget, attribute values are now sorted in ascending order and users can type in a search box to select from a reduced list of relevant values. (10.8.1)
- Situation Awareness has options to choose the type of summary information to include in the report and to show only the web map in the report. It also has new options to choose the selection color and include configured pop-up fields in the CSV download.
- Smart Editor has several enhancements, such as supporting relative dates and the use of a URL parameter to define a preset value. At 10.8.1, when configuring attribute actions for the widget, you can choose to populate a field based on MGRS coordinates
- The Threat Analysis widget now allows you to add custom threat types and associated evacuation distances. (10.8.1)
- With the Visibility widget, you can publish results as a hosted feature layer. (10.8.1)