Email settings for Workflow Manager must be configured to allow the Send Email step to send email notifications. Complete these steps to configure email settings for Workflow Manager:
- Access the Workflow Manager web app.
- Click the Design tab.
The Design page appears.
If you don’t have sufficient privileges, you won’t see the Design tab.
- Click the Settings button .
If you don’t have sufficient privileges, you won’t see the Settings button.
- Click the Email Notifications tab.
- Type the name of your SMTP server in the SMTP Server text box.
- Provide the port number of your SMTP server in the Port text box if your SMTP server doesn't use a standard port number or if it requires authentication.
- Optionally provide a default sender email address for Workflow Manager email notifications in the Default Sender Email text box.
- Optionally provide a default sender name for Workflow Manager email notifications in the Default Sender Display Name text box.
- Choose the email format for Workflow Manager email notifications under Type.
- Plain Text Notification—Email notifications will be sent without special formatting.
- HTML Notification—Email notifications that contain HTML tags will be included in the email notification.
- If your SMTP server requires Authentication, check the Enable Authenticated SMTP checkbox and do the following:
- Provide a user name to use to connect to the SMTP server in the Username text box.
- Provide a password to use to connect to the SMTP server in the Password text box.
- Click the Protocol drop-down arrow to choose the protocol to use to connect to the SMTP server.
- Click Save.