Manual steps allow you to track a step in your workflow that's performed outside of Workflow Manager; for example, fieldwork for GPS data collection, requests pending approval from a manager, or documentation. When the step is running, you can perform the following actions:
- Click Pause to pause the step.
- Click Proceed to complete the step.
If the step's User Prompt and Help parameters don't contain values, the step completes automatically.
Configure the step
Complete these steps to configure the Manual step:
- Create or edit a workflow diagram to access the Step Library panel.
- Drag Manual Step from the Step Library to a connection arrow of a step on the workflow canvas.
The Settings panel appears.
- Provide a name for the step in the Step Name text box.
- Optionally, provide a description for the step in the Step Description text box.
- Configure step options in the Options section as necessary.
- Automatically Executes—Runs the step as soon as it becomes active.
- Can Be Skipped—Allows the step to be finished without being run.
- In the Logic section, provide information about the task that needs to be performed in the User Prompt text box.
- Optionally, click the Help tab and provide help text for the step in the Help text box.
- Optionally, click the Style tab to change the shape and color of the step.
When the step finishes running, it sends a return code to indicate the result of the step. The return code is evaluated, and the workflow follows all paths that match the step's return value. The following is a list of return codes:
The step completed successfully.