The Update Job Properties step allows the person running a job to update the job's extended properties. When the step is run, the properties configured in the step template appear in the job tile. If help text was configured for the step, it appears at the bottom of the job tile. Default or current values appear in a text box below each property and can be updated.
If a property contains an invalid value or a required property doesn't contain a value, the text box appears with a red highlight and the Proceed button will be unavailable.
When the step is running you can perform the following actions:
- Click Cancel to discard any changes and to return to the job list.
- Click Proceed to update the job properties and finish running the step.
Configure the step
Complete these steps to configure the Update Job Properties step:
- Create or edit a workflow diagram to access the Step Library panel.
- Drag Update Job Properties from the Step Library to a connection arrow of a step on the workflow canvas.
The Settings panel appears.
- Provide a name for the step in the Step Name text box.
- Optionally, provide a description for the step in the Step Description text box.
- Configure step options in the Options section as necessary.
- Automatically Executes—Runs the step as soon as it becomes active.
- Can Be Skipped—Allows the step to be finished without being run.
- In the Logic section, add the message you want to appear when the step is run in the User Prompt text box.
- In the Arguments section, type the table name and field name of the property you want to allow to be updated in the Job Property text box using the following syntax.
- Optionally, click Add New Job Property and repeat step 6 to add additional properties.
- Optionally, click the Style tab to change the shape and color of the step.
- Optionally, click the Help tab and provide help text for the step in the Help text box.
When the step finishes running, it sends a return code to indicate the result of the step. The return code is evaluated, and the workflow follows all paths that match the step's return value. The following is a list of return codes:
The step failed to complete successfully.
The step completed successfully.