The Open Pro Project Items step allows you to open existing ArcGIS Pro project items such as maps, layouts, tasks, and web maps that are configured in the project. If the item is a mapping item, data layers are automatically provided to the appropriate job data version if one is available.
You can only run this step type from ArcGIS Pro. For a similar experience in the Workflow Manager web app, use the Open Web App step.
When you run the step, the items defined in the step are opened in an ArcGIS Pro project. When the step is running, you can perform the following actions:
- Click the Pause Step button to pause the step and close the project items so that you can return to your work at a later time.
- Click the Complete Step button to finish the step, close the project items, and continue the workflow.
If the step has not been configured with Can Be Skipped, the step must be run or paused at least once before it can be finished.
Configure the step
You can add any combination of ArcGIS Pro maps, layouts, web maps, and tasks to the step. The order of the items opened in ArcGIS Pro is defined by the order in which you add them to the step. Complete these steps to open items in an ArcGIS Pro project:
- Drag Open Pro Project Items from the Step Library to a connection arrow of a step on the workflow canvas.
The Settings panel appears.
- Provide a name for the step in the Step Name text box.
- Optionally, provide a description for the step in the Step Description text box.
- Configure step options in the Options section as necessary.
- Automatically Executes—Runs the step as soon as it becomes active.
- Can Be Skipped—Allows the step to be finished without being run.
- In the Logic section, click Edit.
The ArcGIS Pro Mapping Step dialog box appears.
- Choose one of the following options in the ArcGIS Pro Project section:
- Use Current—Use the open ArcGIS Pro project.
- Template Project Package URL—Specify the URL of an ArcGIS Pro project template that has been shared to a portal to open the template in ArcGIS Pro.
- In the Open ArcGIS Pro Project Items section, click Open New Item to add the items you want to open in the project.
To remove items, click the Delete Item button next to the item.
- Choose an item type in the Type drop-down list.
- Click the Repoint Version check box to repoint the layers in the map when the step is run.
The Repoint Version check box is unavailable for Task items.
- Click the Finish tab to configure options for step behavior when the step has been completed.
- Click the Reset to Default check box to point the layers in the map back to the original version.
- Click the Advanced tab and configure options as necessary.
- Zoom to Location—Zooms the map items to the job's location if a location has been defined for the job.
- Click Save.
The Save button isn't available when parameters are configured with invalid values.
- Optionally, click the Help tab and provide help text for the step in the Help text box.
- Optionally, click the Style tab to change the shape and color of the step.
When the step finishes running, it sends a return code to indicate the result of the step. The return code is evaluated, and the workflow follows all paths that match the step's return value. The following is a list of return codes:
The step failed to complete successfully.
The step completed successfully.